The most common cause of heel pain is what is known as plantar fasciitis. This is inflammation of a ligament on the bottom of the foot called the "plantar fascia" at its point where it attaches to the heel. What you can do first, is avoid walking barefoot. Then, wear a shoe with a good arch support, ice the heel, and take an anti-inflammatory such as Motrin or Advil. If this does not help, see your podiatrist so your problem does not become chronic and more difficult to treat.
Search Our Site
Get Help Now
Please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you within 1 business day.
- Posted on 04/15/2020 Laser Treatment for Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 06/16/2015 Cause, Treatment, and Prevention of Toenail Fungus
- Posted on 05/13/2013 Here are some tips to take the sting out of fire ant bites.
- Posted on 05/18/2021What is This Dark Spot on My Toenail?
- Posted on 04/15/2021Why Your Foot Fungus Keeps Coming Back
- Posted on 04/24/2020Tips on how you can help treat an ingrown nail at home!