At Foot and Ankle Associates of North Texas, we treat most of our patients without surgery. We have come up with a list of frequently asked questions to educate you about foot and ankle surgery.
- Should I have surgery? Some cases require surgery, while others involve elective surgery.
- How long does surgery take? Foot and ankle surgery usually lasts only one hour!
- Will it hurt? Well, yes, but we’ll do everything we can to reduce your pain.
- Will I be awake for surgery? No, you will have light sedation or general anesthesia.
- Where is my surgery performed? Your surgery will occur in either an outpatient facility or a hospital. Most of our patients go home the same day that they undergo their operation.
- What is the recovery time? This depends on the surgery, but you can often be back at work in one to two weeks.
- Does my insurance cover surgery? Our business team will help you figure out your financial situation.
- How many stitches am I going to have? This depends on the surgery. We can use dissolvable stitches that don’t need to be removed to reduce the scarring.
- Will surgery fix my problem? We cannot guarantee that surgery will work, but we have an excellent success rate!